It is true that health is the real wealth and not gold, silver and all those dollars that you have in your pocket. Unless you have a peaceful mind and a healthy body, you can’t enjoy all that money and property that you have in your name. In order to enjoy life, one needs to focus on being healthy, so that he lives longer, stays fitter and enjoys all that he has earned, spending so much of time at work.
But how many of us actually believe in focusing on our health? No matter how many things we read or watch to inspire ourselves to keep our body healthy and fit, we are unable to do so. There’s just one reason for that – we are completely tied with the daily routines. After all, getting up early in the morning, cooking, packing the lunch boxes for the kids, rushing to work, dropping the kids home, rushing to work again, returning home late at night, cooking once again, feeding the kids, and then winding up the left-over work of office are not simple tasks.
Every individual has his personal issues, especially when it comes to taking care of the body or staying healthy. However, if you ask someone why he has not been spending time taking care of himself, you would get only one answer – there’s no time for that!
Don’t worry – I am here to give you simple ten things that you must do in order to stay healthy:
- Exercise every day since it is the most important thing in every individual’s life. For the sake of your body, spend at least 40 minutes in a day on workouts.
- Eat the right kind of food. It is essential for you to eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day.
- Avoid junk, especially if you can’t eat fruits every day. Instead, carry a packet of biscuit in your bag to munch on whenever you are hungry.
- For the sake of your health, replace coffee and tea with one cup of milk. Milk helps in keeping the bones stronger, avoiding problems like osteoarthritis.
- Mental health is as important as your body’s health. Therefore, meditate for around 10 minutes every day, no matter how difficult it seems to take out the time from your tiring and busy schedule. Meditation helps in keeping you internally stronger.
- Instead of all those sodas and alcoholic drinks, consume as many fresh fruit juices as you can. If you are unable to get juices from the market, drink different milkshakes at home that prove to be good to your body.
- Replace the tobacco cigarettes with herbal cigarettes if you find it difficult to live without smoking.
- Drink as much of water as you can, even if you have to rush to the washroom again and again!
- One of the most important, yet never remember, things to keep oneself health is to wash hands at least seven to eight times in a day.
- Avoid consuming food from outside and prefer home cooked meals.